Additional Foster Youth Resources
Get Help | Education | Work | Housing | Health | Legal | Life Skills | Identity Specific
Foster Youth Justice:
1 (877) 313-3688
1 (866) 348-6479
or 1 (877) 842-6273 for Spanish
Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor
Roy Maas Youth Alternatives
National Dating Abuse Helpline: 1 (866) 331-9474
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1 (800) 799-7233
The Texas Youth Hotline: (800) 989-6884
Helpful Phone Numbers
Superior Health Plan Member Services: 866-912-6283
24-hour Nurse Advice Line:
Prepare For Your First Visit
1. Look through the list of providers and choose your clinic/provider.
2. Call the clinic’s/provider’s office and ask if they are taking new patients and verify if they are accepting your insurance plan.
3. Make your appointment date/time.
4. Prepare any important documents you need to bring. Ask during the phone call if you are unsure.
5. Come early to your appointment to fill out your paperwork.
Guide To "Aging Out" In Texas
The Texas Foster Youth Project helps current and former foster youth in Texas to understand their legal rights. They provide legal advice, assistance, guidance, and representation in enforcing foster care rights and resolving legal problems as youth age out of care.
This information is presented in a PDF document. Click below to open and download the guide.
VIA Metropolitan Transit
UTSA and VIA have partnered to provide free, unlimited bus service to current UTSA students and paid employees.
VIA riders can get real-time bus arrival information delivered to their mobile devices here.